Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Well, I tired of my life and picked another

I moved to China now, where I am studying Chinese and teaching English. "What!? China!? That place is undeveloped, oppressive and horrible!" some may say... but alas, I will suffer the fate I have chosen.

Living in Boston and being under-employed/paid (see: temp agency purgatory) I was consistently breaking even money wise. Rent, food, maybe a night out--always seem to put me at $0 by the end of the month. And this went on for over a year.

A more pragmatic gentlemen may have moved into his parents home and found work, saving money and perhaps starting graduate school. Fuck that. I'm moving to China.

So now... I actually have some money left at the end of every month. I actually work fewer hours then I did in Boston. I'm actually enjoying myself. We'll see how long it lasts.


P.S. Blogspot, Facebook, Youtube and most other internet venues of free expression are blocked in China. It makes it difficult to post on this--but sometimes possible. Wish me luck.

No comments: